Risto advises domestic and international clients in the field of employment law.
Risto first joined Hannes Snellman as an associate trainee after which he gained experience as an in-house employment law specialist. Upon graduation, he returned to Hannes Snellman as an associate lawyer. During his studies, Risto spent one semester studying law at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
In addition to his experience in the legal field, Risto draws from his previous career in human resources. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a specialisation in human resources and management.
Landis+Gyr (Buyer), Telia Finland (Seller), Telia AMR Business (Target)
Telia Finland’s sale of Telia AMR Business to Landis+Gyr
Value not public
Counsel to Telia Finland (Seller)
Altia Plc, Arcus ASA
Merger of Altia Plc and Arcus ASA to form Anora Group
Preliminary aggregated annual revenue EUR 640 million
Lead counsel to Altia Plc
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Labour Law Association
- Member of the Finnish Association for Human Resource Management (HENRY)
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
Education and Professional Background
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2020
- Employee Relations Specialist, Restel Oy, 2020
- Associate Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2019
- Leiden University, the Netherlands, 2019
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, 2017
- HR Specialist, Finnkino Oy, 2014-2017
- HR Assistant, R-kioski Oy, 2012-2014