Risto advises domestic and international clients in the field of employment law.
Risto first joined Hannes Snellman as an associate trainee after which he gained experience as an in-house employment law specialist. Upon graduation, he returned to Hannes Snellman as an associate lawyer. During his studies, Risto spent one semester studying law at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
In addition to his experience in the legal field, Risto draws from his previous career in human resources. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a specialisation in human resources and management.
Lassila & Tikanoja plc (JV shareholder), Neova Oy (JV shareholder), L&T Biowatti Oy (joint venture company)
Counsel to Lassila & Tikanoja plc, a service company that is putting the circular economy into practice, in creating a joint venture with Neova Oy consolidating the parties’ energy wood businesses in Finland and Estonia. The joint venture’s turnover is approximately EUR 100 million and it employs approximately 100 employees.
Legal counsel to L&T plc
Enersense International Oyj, Megatuuli Oy
Enersense International Oyj, a provider of zero-emission energy solutions, has signed an agreement on acquiring shares of the onshore wind farm developer Megatuuli Oy.
EUR 18.5 million
Counsel to Enersense International
Assemblin, Tom Allen Senera
Counsel to Assemblin in its acquisition of Tom Allen Senera, a Finland-based systems supplier of energy solutions to properties.
Value not public
Counsel to Assemblin
Landis+Gyr (Buyer), Telia Finland (Seller), Telia AMR Business (Target)
Telia Finland’s sale of Telia AMR Business to Landis+Gyr
Value not public
Counsel to Telia Finland (Seller)
Counsel to Altia Plc in the merger of Altia Plc and Arcus ASA to form Anora Group, as well as in the arrangement of employee participation, as required by EU directive 2005/56/EC.
Altia Plc, Arcus ASA
Merger of Altia Plc and Arcus ASA to form Anora Group
Preliminary aggregated annual revenue EUR 640 million
Lead counsel to Altia Plc
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Labour Law Association
- Member of the Finnish Association for Human Resource Management (HENRY)
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
Education and Professional Background
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2020
- Employee Relations Specialist, Restel Oy, 2020
- Associate Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2019
- Leiden University, the Netherlands, 2019
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, 2017
- HR Specialist, Finnkino Oy, 2014-2017
- HR Assistant, R-kioski Oy, 2012-2014