Essi works in the Competition & Procurement team advising domestic and international clients in the field of competition law. Essi has gained experience in various trainee positions at Hannes Snellman and another major Finnish law firm. During her studies, Essi spent a semester studying international and Chinese law at Fudan University in Shanghai.
Ahlström Capital BV and Nidoco AB (buyers), Ahlstrom-Munksjö (seller), Decor Solutions business area (target)
The buying consortium comprising Ahlström Capital BV and Nidoco AB, in the investment in the majority share of Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s Decor Solutions business area.
Value not public
Counsel to the buying consortium (Ahlström Capital BV and Nidoco AB)
Anora Group Plc (Altia Plc, Arcus ASA) and Galatea AB
Required pre-closing divestment of Altia’s brands Skåne Akvavit, Hallands Fläder, and Brøndums and cognac brand Grönstedts (along with Arcus’s aquavit brand Akevitt Spesial and spirits brands S.P.R.T. and Dworek) to Galatea AB. The divestment to a suitable buyer was required by the Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish competition authorities as a condition to their approval of the merger between Altia and Arcus to form Anora Group.
Lead counsel to Altia Plc (Anora Group Plc)
Altia Plc, Arcus ASA
Merger of Altia Plc and Arcus ASA to form Anora Group
Preliminary aggregated annual revenue EUR 640 million
Lead counsel to Altia Plc
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
- Member of FIDE Finland
- Tasa-arvo ja kilpailuoikeus, Finnish Competition Law Yearbook 2020 (co-author)
Education and Professional Background
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2020—
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2020
- Thesis Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Associate Trainee, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2019
- Associate Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2019
- Knowledge Management Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2018—2019
- Fudan University, Shanghai, 2018