Sarita specialises in intellectual property, marketing and consumer law, with a particular focus on litigation and other contentious matters in these fields. She has represented clients in a number of notable disputes involving claims of trademark, patent, and copyright infringement, as well as false and misleading advertising and other forms of unfair competition.
In addition to handling contentious matters, Sarita provides clients with strategic legal advice in relation to brand protection, as well as the planning and execution of product launches and marketing campaigns. Moreover, she advises clients in various IP-related contractual matters.
Having previously worked as an in-house legal counsel for a leading Finnish telecommunications company, Sarita also has experience working on a wide range of technology-related assignments.
She is practical and impressively responsive, and her analyses are spot on.
Altia Plc, Arcus ASA
Merger of Altia Plc and Arcus ASA to form Anora Group
Preliminary aggregated annual revenue EUR 640 million
Lead counsel to Altia Plc
- Ranked among Rising Stars, Intellectual Property, Legal 500, 2021
- 'A respondent reports that Sarita Schröder is "very talented, nice to work with and understands well the needs of our company."', Intellectual Property, Chambers Europe, 2021
- "Sarita always finds the optimal business-oriented solutions through her flexibility and creative thinking. She is practical and impressively responsive, and her analyses are spot on.”, WTR 1000, 2021
- “Sarita Schröder is one of the leading IPR professionals in Finland and highly talented in all IPR related matters. She pays attention to the smallest details but also sees the bigger picture clearly. One can really trust her advice”, Legal 500, 2020
- “Sarita Schröder of Hannes Snellman receives increasing recognition in the market for her broad practice that includes patent and trade mark infringement, as well as IP issues related to acquisitions”, Chambers Europe, 2020
- “Sarita actively seeks the best solutions for her clients, whether it involves portfolio management or litigation proceedings. She is someone you can rely on and her advice is top notch”, WTR 1000, 2020
- “Sarita Schröder enters the rankings due to her growing visibility on trade mark infringement matters. Sources state that she ‘explains legal matters well to clients,’ in addition to providing ‘in-depth analysis’”, Chambers Europe, 2019
- “‘Really solid and very bright’, Sarita Schröder can be counted on in complex infringement proceedings. Equally adroit at handling large scale [trademark] portfolios”, WTR 1000, 2019
- “A client describes Schröder as ‘extremely reliable’”, Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars, 2018
- “As a result of her in-house experience, she has developed a practical and business-oriented way of doing things”, WTR 1000, 2018
Education and Professional Background
- Managing Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018-2020
- Senior Associate, Co-Head of IP, Krogerus, 2017-2018
- Master of Science (Econ. and Bus. Adm.), Intellectual Property Law, Hanken School of Economics, 2016
- Senior Associate, Krogerus, 2015-2017
- Legal Counsel, DNA, 2014-2015
- Associate, Krogerus, 2010-2014
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2010