Helena advises Finnish and international clients in the field of competition law. Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, she gained several years of experience as a legal counsel in the public sector both in Finland and Sweden specialising in competition litigation, regulatory matters, and competition law infringement investigations. In addition to her legal education, Helena has a post-graduate diploma in economics for competition law from King’s College London.
Telia Finland (Seller) and AddSecure (Buyer)
Telia Finland’s divestment of Telia Alerta business to AddSecure
Value not public
Counsel to Seller/Telia Finland
Valmet Corporation, Alfa Laval AB, Neles Corporation
Counsel to Valmet Corporation in the EUR 1.73 bn public tender offer dated 13 July 2020 by Alfa Laval AB for all shares in Neles Corporation and the subsequent increase by Valmet of its shareholding in Neles to 29.5 %. Alfa Laval decided not to complete its offer on 3 November 2020.
EUR 1.73 billion
Counsel to Valmet Corporation
Counsel to Nordea Life in a competition law compliance matter.
Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj (target), a consortium consisting of Ahlström Capital, Bain Capital Private Equity, Viknum and Belgrano Inversiones (buyer)
Recommended public cash tender offer for all shares in Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj by Spa Holdings 3 Oy
Approximately EUR 2.1 billion
Counsel to the consortium
Series of compliance trainings for Nordea in the area of competition law and compliance.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
- Member of the Licence Committee of Football Association of Finland
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman 2020-
- Legal Counsel, the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority, 2016-2019
- Legal Counsel, the Finnish Communication Regulatory Authority, 2015-2016
- Legal Counsel, the Finnish Defence Forces, Defence Command Legal Division, 2014-2015
- Post-graduate Diploma in Economics for Competition Law, King’s College London, 2012
- Senior Research Officer/Research Officer, the Finnish Competition Authority, 2008–2014
- Master of Laws, the University of Helsinki, 2010
- Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria, 2008