Mikko works mainly in the field of insolvency. He also has experience in matters relating to contract law, company law, M&A, and dispute resolution.
Before joining Hannes Snellman, Mikko worked for more than seven years at another leading law firm, where he participated in a number of major bankruptcy and restructuring cases, some of which rank among the largest in Finland.
Mikko is a member of the Finnish Bar Association.
Counsel to a significant Finnish company as an investigator in an internal investigation regarding substantial financial misconduct and alleged derelictions. The monetary value at stake amounted to millions of euro. The investigation involved AI assisted review of thousands of documents and a number of interviews.
The German State (Buyer), Fortum Oyj (Seller), Uniper SE (Target)
Fortum Oyj’s arrangements related to stabilisation of its German subsidiary Uniper SE. The package will ensure multi-billion funding for Uniper, sale of Fortum’s shareholding in Uniper to the German State for approximately EUR 0.5 billion as well as repayment of Fortum’s EUR 4 billion receivables from Uniper and release of EUR 4 billion parent company guarantees.
Approx. EUR 4.5 billion
Finnish counsel to Fortum Oyj
The State of Finland, Finnair Plc
Counsel to the State of Finland in the hybrid loan arrangement with Finnair Plc
Up to EUR 400 million
Counsel to the State of Finland (Prime Minister’s Office)
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2023-
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Senior Associate, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2017-2020
- Associate, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2013-2017
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2013
- Legal Trainee, Krogerus Attorneys Ltd, 2013
- Legal Trainee, Asianajotoimisto Tuomaala & Co Oy, 2012
- Lecturer (English and German), Satakunta University of Applied Sciences, 2009-2011
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Satakunta University of Applied Sciences, 2010
- Master of Arts, English Translation, University of Tampere, 2008