Matti advises clients as a member of our Real Estate practice in Helsinki. Matti specialises in real estate transactions and property development but also has a profound understanding of Finnish and cross-border financing and security arrangements, including leveraged and subordinated financing, bonds, and distressed assets. Matti has gained experience working with a number of domestic and international investors and tenants on all types of property acquisitions, sales, sale and leaseback arrangements, and lease negotiations, including some of the largest property development projects in Finland to date.
Prior to joining Hannes Snellman Matti was a partner co-heading the real estate practice at another major Finnish law firm. In addition, Matti has in-house experience from a publicly listed engineering and manufacturing company, and he has worked for a top-tier law firm in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Nyfosa Finland AB
Counsel to Nyfosa in acquisition of six properties in the Finnish cities of Hyvinkää, Oulu and Tampere.
Value not public
Counsel to Nyfosa Finland AB
Counsel to SRV on the sale and construction of three residential assets to one of DWS’s institutional real estate funds.
EUR 82 million
Counsel to SRV
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Chairman of the Board of Universtas Oy
Education and Professional Background
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, 2020–
- Partner, Castrén & Snellman, 2019–2020
- Counsel, Castrén & Snellman, 2018–2019
- Senior Associate, Castrén & Snellman, 2016–2018
- Legal Counsel, KONE Corporation, 2014–2016
- Foreign Lawyer, Hengeler Mueller, Frankfurt am Main, Germany 2014
- Associate, Castrén & Snellman, 2011–2014
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2011
- M. Sc. (Econ.), University of Turku, 2011
- Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis, Brussels, Belgium, 2010