Martin Rifall has extensive experience in court proceedings as well as domestic and international arbitration proceedings. He has acted as counsel for Swedish and foreign companies in inter alia SCC, ICC and ad hoc arbitrations. Martin has a particular focus on construction disputes, acting as counsel for employers and contractors in large national and international construction projects. Martin also regularly advises clients in disputes relating to natural resources, such as valuable metals and minerals, natural gas and oil. He also sits as arbitrator on a regular basis.
Martin advises clients on all stages of the construction process, including tender documentation, contract drafting and negotiations. Martin regularly gives lectures on construction law.
Further, Martin is experienced in investor/State disputes, including challenging arbitral awards rendered in such disputes. He has also co-authored the Swedish chapter in The International Arbitration Review.
Eltel AB, Eltel AB (Aviation & Security business), Luftfartsverket
Eltel in the divestment of its Aviation & Security Business to Luftfarsverket
EUR 17 million
Counsel to Eltel AB
- Martin Rifall is looked upon with enormous favour by market commentators who highlight him as “an excellent lawyer” who is “very active in construction disputes”, Who's Who Legal Arbitration, 2020
- Ranked as National Leader, Who's Who Legal Litigation, 2020
- Ranked as Future Leader, Who's Who Legal Arbitration, 2020
- Ranked as Future Leader, Who's Who Legal Construction, 2019
- Recommended in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2019
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- Member of the Swedish Arbitration Association
- Member of the Swedish Society for Construction and Consulting Law (SVEFEK)
Education and Professional Background
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2018
- Partner, MAQS Advokatbyrå, 2014-2018
- Advokatfirman Cederquist, 2008-2014
- White & Case Advokat AB, 2006-2008
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Uppsala, 2005-2006