Päivi Tammilehto has extensive experience in all fields of competition law. She advises our international and Finnish clients in antitrust issues, competition investigations and litigation, state aid cases, and merger control procedures. Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, Päivi worked in the international competition law group of a global law firm. Before transitioning into private practice in 2017, Päivi lead antitrust investigations and proceedings for the national competition authority.
In addition to her legal degree, Päivi also has a master’s degree in economics for competition law.
She is responsive, to-the-point and business-oriented.
Legal 500, 2023
Uponor Corporation (target), Georg Fischer Ltd (buyer)
Counsel to Uponor Corporation in the recommended public cash tender offer by Georg Fischer Ltd to purchase all of the issued and outstanding shares of Uponor Corporation.
EUR 2.1 billion
Counsel to Uponor Corporation
Infranode, MPY Telecom Oyj
Infranode’s acquisition of MPY Telecom Oyj
Counsel to Infranode
Methode Electronics, Inc., Nordic Lights Group Corporation
Methode Electronics, Inc.'s recommended public cash tender offer for all shares in Nordic Lights Group Corporation
EUR 132 million
Counsel to Methode Electronics, Inc.
Exilion Wind, BayWa r.e. Nordic
Exilion Wind's and BayWa r.e. Nordic's wind power joint venture. Through the joint venture, the co-investors will invest and develop the Karhakkamaa wind farm project, which is envisaged to consist of 48 wind turbines with an installed capacity of approximately 350MW.
Value not public
Counsel to Exilion Wind
Stora Enso Oyj, UPM-Kymmene Group, Metsä Group, Sonoco-Alcore, other sellers (Sellers), Stena Recycling Oy (Buyer), Encore Ympäristöpalvelut Oy (Target)
Sale of Encore Ympäristöpalvelut Oy to Stena Recycling Oy
Value not public
Counsel to Stora Enso Oyj, UPM-Kymmene Group, Metsä Group, Sonoco-Alcore, and other sellers
Veolia Services Suomi Oy, Metsä Fibre
Veolia Services Suomi Oy’s project to build a crude methanol processing plant in connection with Metsä Fibre's Äänekoski bioproduct mill plant in Äänekoski
Value not public
Counsel to Veolia Services Suomi Oy
Gasgrid Finland Oy, Excelerate Energy
Gasgrid Finland Oy's chartering of an LNG Floating Storage and Regasification Unit from Excelerate Energy.
EUR 460 million
Counsel to Gasgrid Finland Oy
- Päivi Tammilehto is a very skilful professional with in-depth knowledge of competition law. She is truly interested in the assignments and client’s benefit so it is a pleasure to work with her. Her background from the Finnish competition authority gives her an advantageous insight and broad perspective. She has a pragmatic and clear way of communication so even complex matters feel comprehensive with her. I want to commend Päivi Tammilehto. She is responsive, to-the-point and business-oriented. She asks the right questions industry-wise and I know she is tailoring her analysis according to the specifics of our business, not just stating the legalese. Overall, very nice to work with and is my go-to person for competition law advice., EU and Competition, Legal 500, 2023
- '‘Päivi Tammilehto is absolutely the best professional that I have worked with. She has extremely wide knowledge about competition legislation and she has a very professional way to tell us what would be the best thing for our company. Päivi is my top person who I turn to whenever I need any kind of legal advice.’, Legal 500, 2020
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2022–
- Counsel, Senior Associate, Bird & Bird Attorneys Ltd, 2017–2022
- Master of Arts, Economics for Competition Law, King’s College London, 2013–2014
- Post Graduate Diploma, Economics for Competition Law, King’s College London, 2010–2011
- Head of Research, Senior Research Officer, Research Officer, Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, 2002–2017
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2002