Meri advises domestic and international clients in the field of competition law. Meri joined Hannes Snellman as a trainee in January 2019 and was appointed as an associate upon her graduation in May 2019. Prior to this, Meri had gained experience at another major Finnish business law firm and in the public sector.
During her studies, Meri spent a semester studying law at Fudan University in Shanghai.
The State of Finland, Finnair Plc
Counsel to the State of Finland in the hybrid loan arrangement with Finnair Plc
Up to EUR 400 million
Counsel to the State of Finland (Prime Minister’s Office)
PPG Industries, Inc. (Bidder), Tikkurila Oyj (Target)
Recommended public cash tender offer for all of the shares in Tikkurila by PPG Industries, Inc.
EUR 1.5 billion
Counsel to Tikkurila Oyj
Comprehensive advice on the state aid law for the Prime Minister’s Office concerning the recapitalisation (rights offering) of the state-controlled airline Finnair Plc, including advise on the notification procedure before the European Commission. The rights offering of 500 MEUR is one of the largest rights offerings in Finland in recent years. The Commission’s decision in the case lead to amendments to the COVID-19 related State Aid Temporary Framework.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Association for European Law
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
Education and Professional Background
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2019
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2019
- Associate Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2019
- Legal Trainee, Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, 2018
- Associate Trainee, Roschier Attorneys Ltd., 2018
- Trainee, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, 2017
- Trainee, Embassy of Finland, Belgrade, 2017
- Fudan University, Shanghai, 2015