Magnus is a member of Hannes Snellman’s Dispute Resolution team in Stockholm, focusing on Swedish and international arbitration and litigation proceedings. Magnus has advised and represented clients in disputes relating to, inter alia, professional liability, M&A, joint ventures, oil & gas, intellectual property, construction, distribution and agency, sale of goods, and complex commercial agreements.
Magnus also advises clients in non-contentious intellectual property, sports law, and M&A matters. Furthermore, Magnus has experience from banking and financing matters such as bond issues and acquisition financing.
In addition to his Swedish law degree, Magnus holds an LL.M. from Columbia Law School and a degree in business and economics (majoring in finance with exchange studies at NUS Business School in Singapore). Magnus is qualified to practise in the State of the New York. Between 2019 and 2020, Magnus worked as a foreign visiting attorney in the Litigation and International Arbitration group at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in New York and Washington D.C.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) Young & International (Y&I) group
- Member of the Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Member of the Arbitration Association for Younger Lawyers (YAS) at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Institute (SCC)
- Member of the Swedish Insurance Law Association
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2020-
- Foreign Visiting Attorney, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, New York and Washington D.C., 2019-2020
- LL.M. (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar), Columbia Law School, 2018-2019
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2014-2018
- Law Clerk / Junior Judge, Attunda District Court, Stockholm, 2012-2014
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2011
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Lund University, 2011
- B.Sc. in Business and Economics (Finance), Lund University, 2010
- Trainee, Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, 2010
- Finance and Business Law Studies, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore, 2009