Joel is responsible for the firm’s financial services regulation practice in Stockholm. Joel has extensive experience within the wider banking and capital markets industry in Sweden and internationally. Most recently before joining Hannes Snellman, Joel held the position as Head of Funding, Capital & Resolution within Nordea Bank Abp’s legal department, overseeing all legal aspects of the Nordea Group’s own funding and capital management and investment activities (including fund investments and other similar transactions), as well as its resolution planning. Joel is also well-versed in legal and regulatory aspects relating to derivatives and structured products, in addition to many other financial services and products.
Counsel to Sampo plc on its dual listing of its Class A shares on Nasdaq Stockholm in the form of Swedish Depository Receipts
Market capitalisation of approximately EUR 24.7 billion as of 31 October 2022
Counsel to Sampo plc
Counsel to Nordea Mortgage Bank in connection with the update of its €25,000,000,000 Covered Bond Programme.
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2021
- Head of Funding, Capital & Resolution (legal), Nordea Bank Abp, Stockholm, 2018-2021
- Senior legal counsel and Functional Head of Funding & Capital, Nordea Bank AB (publ), Stockholm, 2016-2018
- Legal counsel, Sveriges riksbank, Stockholm, 2015-2016
- Senior legal counsel, Nordea Bank AB (publ), Stockholm, New York (secondment, 2013), Singapore (secondment, 2012), 2011-2015
- Associate, Roschier Advokatbyrå AB, Stockholm, 2008-2011
- Associate, Hamilton Advokatbyrå KB, Stockholm, 2008
- Master of Laws, Uppsala University, 2008
- Studies in law, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, 2007-2008