Elisabeth heads our Intellectual Property & Technology practice at the Stockholm office. Her fields of expertise include IT, (out)sourcing, technology, telecommunication, data protection, IP, marketing, consumer, retail, fashion, e-commerce, and franchising, distribution, sports, media and music and entertainment law, as well as general commercial law. Innovation, technology, trade secrets, data, e-commerce, trademarks and other intellectual property rights are often central to the businesses that Elisabeth advises.
Her practice includes drafting, interpreting, negotiating and disputing commercial agreements. She also advises on M&A in the IP & TMT field.
Because of her vast experience of working with franchise chains and other chain companies, Elisabeth has become a board member of the Swedish Franchise Association.
In addition, Elisabeth has worked with corporate sustainability, bribery, anti-corruption and compliance matters for over a decade. She regularly conducts presentations and training in these areas.
Elisabeth Vestin combines IP knowledge with a wide range of IT experience.
Legal 500, 2019
Tieto Corporation, EVRY ASA
The combination of Tieto and EVRY through a cross-border merger
Value not public
Counsel to EVRY ASA
Recipharm AB (publ) (Seller), SERB SA (Buyer)
Recipharm’s divestment of the rights to its ThyroSafe product to SERB
Value not public
Counsel to Recipharm AB (publ)
Asiakastieto Group Plc (Buyer), UC AB (Target), Six Swedish banks (Sellers)
Asiakastieto Group Plc’s pending acquisition of UC AB, a credit information company
Appr. EUR 340 million
Counsel to Asiakastieto Group Plc
Verlinvest and China Resources (JV), Oatly (Target)
The investment in Oatly by the newly established Joint-Venture Between Verlinvest and China Resources
Value not public
Counsel to Verlinvest and China Resources
- "Elisabeth Vestin combines IP knowledge with a wide range of IT experience; she is assisting Fortum Group with its digitalisation process. Other highlights include advising Green Cargo on its IT transformation program including the outsourcing on its IT services, applications and infrastructure to Advania.", Legal 500, 2019
- Ranked as one of the world's leading franchise lawyers, Who's Who Legal, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- "Led by Elisabeth Vestin, Hannes Snellman handles IT issues for clients such as Dustin Group, the Ramirent Group and Hi3G Access.", Legal 500, 2018
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of the Swedish Association for IT and the Law (SIJU)
- Member of the Swedish Data Protection Forum (Sw: Forum för dataskydd)
- Board Member of Swedish Franchise Association, 2015
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association, 2009
- Member of the Swedish Association for Copyright Law (SFU)
- Member of the Swedish Competition & Market Law Association
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society Scandinavia (LES Scandinavia)
Education and Professional Background
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2018
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2016
- Associate and Senior Associate, Advokatfirman Lindahl, Stockholm, 2006-2015
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Lund, 2004-2005
- LL.M. in Innovation, Technology and the Law, Edinburgh University, 2003
- Jur. kand. (LL.M), University of Lund, 2002