David's field of expertise includes international arbitration as well as domestic arbitration and litigation. He has acted as counsel for Swedish and foreign clients in complex arbitrations under various rules, such as ICC, AAA/ICDR, SCC, LCIA, SIAC, as well as in ad-hoc administrated arbitrations. David has also advised clients and acted as counsel in several high-value disputes before state courts. David’s broad dispute resolution experience includes, amongst other things, IT, telecom, construction, M&A, real estate, securities, and insolvency related disputes. In addition to his arbitration and litigation work, David has been engaged in various insolvency related matters as well as CSR, sustainability and anti-corruption matters, including several high-profile corruption investigations.
Counsel for a public transportation company in an SCC arbitration against a supplier of rolling stock vehicles
Counsel for a tech company in an arbitration against one of its investors
Counsel for a gas company in an arbitration against a contractor concerning the construction of a new facility
Counsel for Sweden’s largest football club in an arbitration against its lessor concerning the lease of the football stadium
Counsel for a global fastfood chain’s Russian franchisor in an UNCITRAL arbitration against its franchisees in Moscow.
Counsel for a global hotel group in a court litigation against the former landlord of one the client’s hotels regarding compensation for loss of the hotel business.
Counsel for a Finnish sub-contractor for steel and welding works in a construction arbitration against the general contractor.
Counsel for a global IT company in a dispute against a Swedish public authority regarding the delivery of a new file and document management system.
Counsel for a leading Swedish newspaper/publishing company in a dispute against a former business partner.
Counsel for a European mobile operator in an ICDR arbitration in New York under three agreements, governed by New York law, entered into in connection with the sale and purchase of shares in a telecommunications company in St. Petersburg.
Counsel for a Sri Lankan IT company in an SIAC arbitration in Singapore against its former joint venture partner.
- "David Ackebo handling disputes in the transport sector for public entities, and shareholder disputes in the energy and IT sectors.", Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2020
- Recommended in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2019
- "David Ackebo represented Subway Russia in multiple arbitration's against Subway Russia’s former largest franchisee enterprise.", Legal 500, 2018
- "Experienced team handling both domestic and international cases in numerous areas, including transport, M&A, banking and finance, energy, infrastructure and public law. David Ackebo is a key contact for the department.", Chambers Global, 2018
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association, 2011
- Member of the Swedish Arbitration Association (SAA)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of Young Arbitrators Sweden
- Member of the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- Member of the London Court International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Member of Young ICCA
- Member of ICC’s Committee on CR and Anti-Corruption
Education and Professional Background
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2018
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2016
- Senior Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, Stockholm, 2012–2016
- Visiting Lawyer, Herbert Smith Freehills, Paris, 2011–2012
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, Stockholm, 2009–2011
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Stockholm, 2007–2009
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, Stockholm, 2006–2007
- Master of Laws, Lund University, 2006
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, 2004–2005