Andreas has extensive experience ranging from both competition law and transactions but is specialised in commercial dispute resolution and specifically international arbitration. He currently represents parties in national and international arbitrations, related litigation as well as enforcement cases.
Andreas has acted as counsel for Swedish and foreign clients in arbitrations under, for example, the SCC and the ICC rules, as well as in ad-hoc proceedings. Andreas has further acted as counsel before domestic courts and courts of appeal, including the Supreme Court. Andreas’ dispute resolution experience encompasses, inter alia, the fields of general commercial law, international sales, post M&A, international investment law, complex disputes in the financial sector, construction and energy.
Further, Andreas has acted several times as counsel for states in complex setting aside proceedings regarding investments made under the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT).
Andreas is acts as board member of Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS), which organises several events each year in the Swedish arbitration community.
Counsel for the Republic of Kazakhstan in challenging investment arbitral proceedings under the ECT.
Counsel for a global car manufacturer before the Swedish Supreme Court
Counsel for an EU member state in challenging investment arbitral proceedings under the ECT.
Counsel for a global crane manufacturer in a product liability claim.
Counsel for a global gas and engineering group in several arbitration proceedings under the SCC rules as well as ad hoc proceedings concerning construction and gas supply.
Counsel for Swedish investors in a high value board liability claim in domestic courts, which proceedings involves complex company valuation matters.
Counsel for a Swedish fund management company in complex proceedings against a global bank.
Counsel for an American streaming service company in a potential public M&A claim.
- Recommended in Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2019
- "Andreas Johard represented the Republic of Kazakhstan at the Svea Court of Appeal in a challenge to an arbitral award that was rendered in Stockholm under the Energy Charter Treaty”, Legal 500, 2018
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Board member of Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS)
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Swedish Arbitration Association
”Ett alexanderhugg på äganderättsförbehållet”, Svensk Juristtidning 2019 p. 795
The Law Reviews Expert Panel 2019; Swedish Chapter on the Securities Litigation Review, 2019
- Comparative Study of Arbitrability under the New York Convention, IBA Subcommittee on Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitral Awards, 2016
Education and Professional Background
- Managing Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2018
- Senior Associate, MAQS, Stockholm, 2013-2018
- Associate, Cederquist, Stockholm, 2010-2013
- Legal Clerk, District Court of Södertörn, 2009-2010
- Legal Clerk, Chancellor of Justice, 2009
- Associate, Vinge, Stockholm, 2007-2010
- Trainee, Vinge, Brussels, 2007
- Master of Laws, Stockholm University, 2007
- Erasmus Exchange, Ghent University, Belgium, 2005-2006