Aapo works in the Dispute Resolution group. He advises clients on various commercial disputes and assists in advocating cases before state courts and arbitral tribunals.
Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, Aapo has gained experience from other leading law firms and the Embassy of Finland in The Hague, where he worked with matters relating to international law.
During his studies, Aapo spent an academic year studying law at Trinity College Dublin in Ireland. He also participated in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition as a member of the University of Helsinki team.
Counsel to a leading Finnish company by successfully representing them in an external investigation concerning alleged breach of applicable regulations.
Education and Professional Background
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2020–
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2020
- Intern, Embassy of Finland in The Hague, 2019
- Associate Trainee, White & Case LLP, 2019
- Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 2017–2018
- Research Assistant, University of Turku, 2017
- Office Support Trainee, Roschier Attorneys Ltd., 2014–2015