Caroline’s main focus is domestic and international arbitration. She also regularly represents and acts for clients within the transportation sector (with a special focus on public transport) and advices major Swedish and foreign clients on general corporate and commercial law matters, including cross-border and domestic transactions.
Caroline has particular experience of disputes related to the transportation and construction sectors, transactions involving environmental law issues, and advice to public entities within the public transport sector.
Caroline Snellman’s experience includes
- Representing Swedish and foreign clients, including states, in Swedish and international arbitration, as well as in court proceedings, within the transportation, energy, technology and construction markets;
- Public procurements and negotiations within the public transport sector, including drafting of agreements for traffic operation and infrastructure, as well as energy agreements;
- Negotiations of agreements regarding purchase and sale of goods and services, as well as co-operation agreements within the technology market (including distribution and competition aspects);
- Representing Swedish and international clients on M&A-related issues (particular area of expertise: environmental law);
- Court proceedings in the US against a number of companies and public institutions.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- Board member, YAS, Young Arbitrators Sweden (Arbitration Association for Young Lawyers at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Arbitration Institute)
- AIJA, Association des Jeunes Avocats
- SWAN, Swedish Women in Arbitration Network
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2011
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2009
- Associate, White & Case, Stockholm, 2007 - 2009
- Legal Specialist, The Gomez Law Firm, CA, USA, 2006
- Jur. kand. (LL.M.), University of Stockholm, Sweden, 2006
- Studies in Criminal Justice and Political Science, San Diego State University, USA, 2005 - 2006